I am a gal of structure. I crave a plan, a list to tackle and items to mark off. I thrive with having a set of goals to accomplish and place a check it off. Some days nothing gets crossed off, although plenty gets done… it just never made it onto the list to begin with. Other days items are all striked and new additions are scribbled underneath. These little daily maps (and trust me there are always more than one list to juggle), end up carelessly tossed in a purse, strewn across all corners of our house, littering the floor of the van and sometimes thoughtfully written out on our shop chalkboard. I just uncrumpled one from this week while loading laundry and had to chuckle at the snapshot of our week that was listed out. Yes this is literally what my list says.
1. LAUNDRY!!! (always number 1, ALWAYS)
2. Dishes (see if husband will do this)
3. Both kids to school (don’t cry too much)
4. Get employees started (don’t overwhelm them with all that needs done)
5. Make upcoming wedding checklist (why haven’t you already done this?!?)
6. DIAPERS! (do not hit rewash more than twice, we are at critical levels of clean ones!)
7. Harvest EVERYTHING (deep breath….see if employees can do this)
8. Send out cake flowers to baker (you forgot didn’t you)
9. Clean the studio (its embarrassing…CLEAN IT)
10. WATER EVERYTHING (if you need to drink so do the flowers…how much water have you had?)
11. EAT SOMETHING!!! (Do this more than once a day and kid leftovers don’t count)
12. Dr. appointment (explain your concern with the office policies …NICELY)
13. Fertilize 2nd upper plot (Husband project!!!)
14. Get Kids off bus and from school (DO NOT FORGET AND TRAUMATIZE YOUR KIDS)
15. Rest (yes, this is important do it…also see list to get done while resting).
Do you write out your tasks like me? If so, are there any repeat offenders that make the top of your lists every time? Do you have a “list system” to help get those items checked off? Share below your list tips in the comments so we can all try to actually get laundry off the top of the list!